10 Good Reasons to choose Eastern Algarve for a Golf Vacation
It is almost unbelievable that before the foundation of golf was laid in 1966 by Henry Cotton, Algarve was just like a usual city of a country. No tourist footfall was there in the region. Only half a century has passed since, and Algarve has become one of the most sought after golf destinations of the world. Only 10 reasons are not enough to choose Algarve for a golf vacation; there are many more.
- Castro Marim golf course is one of the gems of Eastern Algarve. This 27-hole course is located very close to the border of Spain. The three segments of 9 holes are The Guadiana, The Grouse and The Atlantic. All these beautiful segments give you the views across Spain and to the River Guadiana.
- Montei Rei Golf Course is the most luxurious golf course of Easter Algarve. This is the signature golf course of Jack Nicklaus and offers all the things that a seasoned golfer would expect from a premium golf course. The green fees start from €135.
- Quinta do Vale Golf Course is a new course which is set in the lap of nature and overlooks the River Guadiana. There are strategically placed bunkers, wide fairways and many doglegs to give enough challenges to the golfers.
- The 18-hole Benamor course is the rapidly growing golf course in terms of great service and reputation. The green fees here begin from only €48.
- Quinta da Ria is the golf course which has taken absolute advantage of the natural setting of a Natural Reserve, which has a blue sea on the boundary. The sixteenth and eighteenth holes of this course are particularly memorable.
- Quinta de Cima is a sister golf course to Quinta da Ria; both of them having the characteristics of a championship course.
- Apart from golf, there are many other activities in Eastern Algarve for you to enjoy your holiday.
- You can go for adventure sports, ski diving, tennis, kayak and snorkel trip, caves trip, dolphin watching, and jeep safari.
- Some of the top attractions of Algarve are Alvor boardwalk, Cape Saint Vincent, Algar Seco, Old Town Faro, Faro Cathedral, FIESA - International Sand Sculpture Festival, Silves Cathedral, and many more.
- Nightlife in Algarve is also very interesting. A whole day after golf or adventure sports is best concluded in a night club. There are dozens of nightclubs in Algarve.